Thursday, October 28, 2010

Artist Feature: Jen Miller

Photo courtesy of MySpace
Hey guys. I have to apologize again for completely running out of time this week. I am supposed to be doing homework, even as I type this, but I needed a quick fix of this girl, so I figured I might as well introduce her to all of you.

Jen is from my home town, and yet I am sad to say that I have never met her (Jen, if you read this--play shows!!!!). I have been following her on YouTube pretty much since she started her channel. Why you may ask: well, it's the voice. Even on Jen's old webcam videos, her voice sounds like pure jazz--sometimes I dream of her singing old Billie Holiday songs.

Another reason to love this music is that Jen writes songs about life. She writes down those small little feelings that others take for granted, and sings them to notes often picked out on the ukulele. All those little emotions show also show up in the corners of her mouth when she sings, and crack through her voice--all the more enhancing the experience of her beautiful music.

Like always, this is something you have to hear--and yes, it is a whopping 8 songs this time, because they are necessary. Also, check out the links.


YouTube channel: JenerallyxSpeaking
MySpace Music page: jennyandmewaspeasandcarrots
Facebook Fanpage: Jenerally-Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment