Thursday, December 16, 2010

He Is We - My Forever

Official album art, courtesy of MySpace
This album comes as the fourth installment of Album of the Day this week, and it is a very impulsive choice. I picked this album about 30 seconds before starting to write, just because this is what I am in the mood for right now.

He Is We is a fairly new indie pop band, and their music is still at its early stages, full of all the cheesiness you might expect. But what you don't expect is the repeatability of the music.

As someone who avidly makes light of pop music, I am surprised to say that this is a band I can listen to over and over again without getting tired of the music. Even though the band employs many of the standard lyrical themes and musicality of indie pop bands, they also manage to keep each song fresh and exciting.


This album sounds like it is still the early stages of the band--which is where some of the most interesting music comes from--but also shows enough maturity to have mass appeal to may listeners. Even if indie pop is not your style, take a listen, and maybe this band will surprise you too. I prefer live music, so that is what I started with, but I have some album tracks at the bottom too, just in case.

Live music:

Album tracks:

Official site: heiswemusic.com
MySpace: heiswe
PureVolume: HEISWE

No comments:

Post a Comment