Friday, December 17, 2010

Jenny Owen Youngs - Transmitter Failure

Official album art, courtesy of Wikipedia
If you could know someone through music, then Jenny Owen Youngs would be the coolest person I know. She would be a sister, a lab partner, a best friend, a girlfriend, a lover, and that girl across the street you can't help but have dirty thoughts about late at night, all rolled up into one.

If you have never heard Jenny before, I encourage you to stop reading right now, scroll down, and listen to the music--there is a lot. Seriously, why are you still reading?

If you did not immediately go to Jenny's twitter page and ask her to marry you after hearing her sing, then you must not be into the ladies. If you did, welcome back; I'm sorry that she said no.

Silliness aside, Jenny Owen Youngs is a very unique artist--and a very unique girl--and it is very evident in her music. In a cursory listen, you might be willing to just label her as a generic pop artist. But if you take a closer listen, you'll find out she is actually singing about you, and to you. She plays the kind of melody lines you would love to hear, and she uses her lyrical prowess to write the exact words you want said to you. With every millisecond of her music that you hear, you will fall in love with music all over again. Jenny Owen Youngs is the reason I created this blog.


Let's jump to some music, shall we? Flip to full screen, you'll better see how pretty she is.


No studio tracks this time. You don't need them.

I think this was the only way I could possibly end Album of the Day 2010. And now, I can say this: I love all of you, but I am never doing this again. This blog has eaten up all of my time this week... but I enjoyed it.

And I have to end this with another picture... because I love a small girl holding a big guitar.


Official site: jennyowenyoungs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment