Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Low Anthem - Oh My God, Charlie Darwin

Official album art
First off, I have to apologize for my absence this week. For the past two weeks, I have been either under a pile of work, or passed out from extreme sleep deprivation. This entry, in a way, comes directly out of that experience.

The desktop of my computer is covered with albums that I need to listen to, and I never seem to have time. This is one that has been on my desktop for a long time now. For past posts, it has been overlooked when time came to decide on an album. However, this week, the unique qualities of the music really stuck out in my lifestyle.

Under extreme sleep deprivation, sleep gets really hard for me, and even though I am tired, my mind won't let me fall asleep. This is when I turn to music, and find an amazing band such as The Low Anthem. This album always puts me in a trance state, in which my body feels asleep, but my mind stays lucid, and lost in the music. Even though I looked passed out, my mind heard every beautiful note of every song.

To me, music is always tied to the experience of listening to it. And in this case, it is moreso this way than ever. I know that this is not a usual entry, but for me, this is what I have to share with all of you.

As usual, I have to run, but I leave you off with these songs. You can make up your mind.

 

Official site: lowanthem.com
Facebook: TheLowAnthem

No comments:

Post a Comment