Saturday, November 13, 2010

Birdmonster - From the Mountain to the Sea

Official album art, courtesy of Bandcamp
It's probably not a surprise to those that regularly read this blog that I am in love with folk music. If you were ever wondering why that is, Birdmonster is that reason.

In no other area of music can you find so many unique and multifaceted band as folk music. For me, folk music brings out the roots of sound, and captures a feeling that transcends the boundaries of music and lyrics, to carry an emotion from one heart to another. As cheesy as this may sound, Birdmonster does just that.

Sitting in a dimly lit room, this album brings me back to a time when music was performed round a fire in a back yard, or on the front porch on a humid afternoon, rather than on a portable metal stage put up in some arena or ballroom, backed by guitar amplifiers and sound mixers. Don't get me wrong, music should definitely be a shared experience, but this band reminds us all why we need house shows, unfinished basements, and acoustic guitars.

I know you guys are waiting to hear just what I am talking about, so I won't keep you any longer. Listen and savor.

The Iditarod


Born To Be Your Man (WNRN acoustic)


I Might Have Guessed (WNRN acoustic)


The Only One (WNRN acoustic)


P.S. Everyone, tell me if you prefer these individual "song" links, or the video playlists from previous blogs.

Official site: birdmonstermusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment